Monday, March 23, 2015

Stockholm Part Tre

Fredag 3/20/15

We began the day with the Nordiska Museum. It was founded in the late 19th century by Artur Hazelius to be a central location for the memories of Sweden, its cultural history and ethnography. There were exhibits on jewelry, fashion, table settings, folk art and sugar. It was a grand building. The exhibits were set up in the typical, old fashion way with artifacts displayed and text beside.

After lunch we went to the Aquaria Water Museum. We loved seeing the fish, sharks, seahorses and jellyfish! Then we went to the Absolut Spirit Museum. It is a museum that is comprised of Absolut advertising artwork and exhibits on the history of alcohol in Sweden. It was very interactive and informative. They had a room in which you experience what it is like to be hung over. Also you could smell different ingredients in beer. At night we went to another museum! This time it was the Modern Art Museum near our hostel. It is definitely not my style but I could appreciate it enough. The best part was that Becca and I bought really cool coloring books from the gift shop!


Nordiska Museet
 Hannah at the Aquaria
 Cute jellyfish!
Lindsey at the Aquaria
 Me in front of a wall of beer. 
Pat and I smelling hops

1 comment:

  1. The architecture of the Nordiska Museet is the bomb! I am curious as to how the hangover room works. However, my memory is vivid enough for me not to actually need to use it. What makes the coloring books so neat? Do I get to color in it? or are you saving it for your bambino?

    ReplyDelete