Thursday, January 15, 2015

A Real Bed!

I am officially on Swedish soil!! After our seemingly endless chain of flights and layovers we finally made it to our hostel in Umeå. The town is around 80,000 people and contains a major university. It is so nice to be able to sleep in a real bed, lying down! No more crunching into an airplane chair.

It is to be determined if jet lag will set in. I have done my best to adapt to the seven hour time difference. The hardest part so far is not knowing Swedish! Most signs are in English and most people speak English but it is still a struggle. For example, I had no idea what to do when I swiped my card at a restaurant. I just entered my pin and punched random keys and apparently it worked! Hopefully soon I will pick up on key phrases and my Swedish classes will probably begin in Mora.


Me napping during our seven hour layover in Stockholm before our flight to Umeå and after our eight hour international flight. (Yes, I am wearing sunglasses inside. It was bright)




2 comments:

  1. Knowing you, you will acclimate quickly. Were you able to form any kind of impression of Stockholm?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not of Stockholm yet. We were only in the airport

    ReplyDelete