Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Copenhagen Day 2

Sunday 5/3/15

In the morning Shannon walked Hannah and I to the National Museum of Denmark. We passed several important and interesting buildings.

I really enjoyed the aesthetic of the old stock exchange building

Fountain with a duck house out front of the Jewish Museum

The back view of Christiansborg Palace

Elk skeleton in prehistoric exhibit in the National Museum. The museum was huge! It contained so many artifacts from all time periods and regions. 

Amber is pretty common in the Baltic Sea region, including Denmark. Above are some amber artifacts from the neolithic ages. 

funky bronze musical horns from the Bronze Age.

After the museum, Hannah, Becca, Pat and I grabbed some amazing burgers and devoured them in the botanical gardens. It was a no judgement free eating zone.

Hannah ordered a double decker…no judgement. 

There were green houses with giant tropical plants. It was so humid inside!

Beautiful crick 

After lunch we attempted to head to the aquarium. It took us four tries to buy metro passes because we didn't have the right change. On the way back from the aquarium we didn't want to buy another ticket so we tested our luck that there wouldn't be an attendant checking tickets. Scandalous, I know. When the train arrived we scanned to see if there were any attendants. I didn't see any but when the doors were closing I looked to my left and one was standing right next to me…Luckily she didn't check our tickets. Phew

Me, Hannah, Becca and Pat in front of the cool aquarium

The building was really unique in design with large shallow ponds surrounding the outside. 

Going to the aquarium was the only thing Becca really wanted to do. 

Becca even got to pet a fish!

Outside view of the jungle exhibit 

Me, Pat and Hannah

Piranhas. I think the fact that they were so calm and unmoving is what made them disturbing. 

Becca and Hannah

Becca and the glamorous fish we named Cutissimo 
Hannah and her green screen shirt.

Pat, Hannah, Becca and Me


Becca, Pat and Hannah really enjoying their ice cream. I love this picture because they look so bored but in reality we had a great time!

We had so much fun in Copenhagen but we were so exhausted by the time we left! It was great to catch up with Shannon. We've really missed each other and can't wait to room together next fall. 


3 comments:

  1. The weather looks gorgeous! Too good for transit freeloaders. I too really like the architecture of the old stock exchange building. What are the figures at the base of the spire?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was a bit confused about the viking statue with the old bronze horns (I was thinking animal horn) until I saw the picture of the bronze age exhibit. They are funky! How is your foot holding up after all your traveling travail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My foot is feeling much better!

    ReplyDelete